Terms & Conditions
- Each participant must be over 16 years of age (except Melbourne City Half Day Tour where the minimum age is 12). Families with children (not less than 12 years of age) may book, however the tour date would then become an exclusive tour date (please contact SKA directly to discuss).
- Please advise if over 70 years of age to ensure tour/course suits fitness level.
Size of Participant
In order to provide the most appropriate sea kayak participants must advise if they are over 195 cm in height; are over 110 kg in weight and/or are over 120 cm in the hip measurement (please complete Notes section in the Online Booking Form)
Type of Sea Kayak
- All participants will be accommodated in a double sea kayak; this ensures safety, stability and speed.
- Single sea kayaks will only be available to experienced participants (please complete Notes section in the Online Booking Form). Final assessment to be made by tour guide on the tour date.
Special Dietary Requirements
In order to provide each participant with the appropriate lunch (applicable to day tours ONLY), each participant must advise of any special dietary requirements such as allergies to food(s), vegetarian, vegan and/or other (please complete Notes section in the Online Booking Form)
- Payment must be paid in full prior to commencement of the tour/course date.
- Payment to be made via the online “Booking system”.
- For customised tours that require consultation either via email or telephone, then payment is to be made via direct debit to: Westpac Bank, BSB: 033-048, Account No: 186589. Participant using the direct debit method of payment is to insert their surname in “Description” section of bank transfer statement.
Medical and Indemnity forms
Each participant must complete a Medical and Indemnity form prior to commencement of the tour/course date. These forms will be automatically emailed to participant once booking process is complete. Each participant is to bring completed forms on the tour/course date.
Sea Kayak Australia recommends that participants take out personal insurance and ambulance insurance. Personal insurance policies within Australia should be checked to see whether they cover the appropriate activity and emergency evacuation charges.
Cancellation, Reschedule and Relocation
- Any participant who cancels their booking and does not reschedule to another tour/course date will not have their payment refunded.
- Any participant who cancels their booking more than twice cannot book again and cannot receive a refund.
- Any participant who cancels their booking with less than 24 hours notice will not be able to reschedule and will not receive a refund.
- No refunds will be issued if a tour/course is cancelled due to poor weather conditions. This could be either prior or during the tour/course day. However the tour/course is transferable to another date -within 6 months of original scheduled tour/course date. The tour/course may be cancelled at the discretion of the tour leader only.
- Additional Terms and Conditions for Multi Day Tours: these tours are subject to weather conditions and will go ahead at the sole discretion of the tour leader. Postponed customers are advised to reschedule to another mutually agreeable date. If no agreement can be reached a refund will be available subject to an administration fee of 15%.
- If poor weather is predicted, within 48 hours before commencement of tour/course date then the tour/course may be relocated to a more protected area e.g. half-day St Kilda tour can be relocated to Port Melbourne or full day Sorrento tour can be relocated to Balnarring/Somers. Any plans to relocate will always be discussed with participant.
- Tours may also be redirected to go one way to avoid predicted strong head winds. e.g. full day Sorrento tour may go one way from Sorrento to Rye or half-day St Kilda may go one way from Port Melbourne to St Kilda.
- Sea Kayak Australia reserves the right to cancel a tour/course date if there are too few participants booked. Any such cancellations will be made within a minimum of 4 days prior to commencement of a tour/course date and will be then be rescheduled. Payments will only be refunded under extenuating circumstances.
- Tours will not be cancelled if there is light rain, cold weather or very hot weather. There is plenty of spare gear supplied by Sea Kayak Australia for protection from the rain or cold. Paddling in very hot weather is ideal for water fights! Paddling in the rain can be quite fun and exercise gets you warm!
- If a participant is late for scheduled tour/course departure time (minimum of 15 minutes wait period), then said participant would forfeit their place in the tour/course date. Participant will only be rescheduled to another tour/course date if a reasonable explanation is provided.
- Any participant found to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs prior to a tour/course date, will not be allowed to participate and their payment will be not be refunded. If more than one participant is found to be in the same condition then the tour/course date may be cancelled.
- Any participant found to be endangering or participating in anti social behaviour towards the group, prior or during the tour/course, will be removed from the tour/course and no refund will be provided. If more than one participant is found to be endangering or participating in anti social behaviour towards the group then the tour/course date may be cancelled.