SEA KAYAK AUSTRALIA IS JUST 300 METRES FROM THE MARIBYRNONG RIVER IN ESSENDON, SO YOU CAN START KAYAKING RIGHT FROM WHERE YOU HIRE. We give you a trolley to make it convenient and easy to carry. You can also take a sea kayak away with you for an extended trip (via your car). Advice provided on suitable paddling locations, tides, wind, etc. Kayak trailers (up to 8 double sea kayaks), tents, sleeping mats, stoves, solar chargers etc. may also be hired.
Kayak Hire Melbourne
Choose from a wide range of single and double kayaks and equipment.
Make sure you call before hand to ensure we have kayaks available.
Single plastic Q Kayaks “Penguin”
|Beginner paddler||$60 first day||$90 per weekend||$180 per week||$30 per extra day|
|Single plastic Wilderness Systems "Tsunamai 16"
5.2 m long, good manoeuvrability, 3 storage hatches. Suitable for day trips and multiple day expeditions in open water.
|Beginner to intermediate paddler||$60 first day||$90 per weekend||$180 per week||$30 per extra day|
|Single plastic Q Kayaks “SQUA"
5.3 m long, fast, lots of storage (3 hatches). Suitable for day trips and multiple day expeditions in open water.
|Beginner to advanced paddler||$60 first day||$90 per weekend||$180 per week||$30 per extra day|
Double plastic Boreal “Esperanto”
- Esperanto kayaks must be transported on roof rack cradles. Non-Sea Kayak Australia roof cradles (e.g.padding) may be considered inadequate and hire refused.
|Beginner to advanced paddler||$80 first day||$120 per weekend||$240 per week||$30 per extra day|
Double fibreglass Pittarak
- Pittarak kayaks must be transported on roof rack cradles. Non-Sea Kayak Australia roof cradles (e.g.padding) may be considered inadequate and hire refused.
Beginner to advanced paddler
$90 first day
$140 per weekend
$280 per week
$40 per extra day
|Double Sit on Top "Voyager||Beginner||$60 first day||$90 per weekend||180 per week||$30 per extra day|
|Trailer||n/a||$50 first day||$90 per weekend||$180 per week||$30 per extra day|
|Cradles||n/a||$15 first day||$30 per weekend||$60 per week||$10 per extra day|
|VHF Radio||n/a||$15 first day||$30 per weekend||$60 per week||$10 per extra day|
|Dry Bags||n/a||$3 first day||$6 per weekend||$12 per week||$2 per extra day|
|“Cag” (spray jacket)||n/a||$5 first day||$10 per weekend||$20 per week||$3 per extra day|
|Maps||n/a||$2 first day||$4 per weekend||$8 per week||$2 per extra day|
- A discount of 10% applies for university and recreational clubs.
- Hire fees includes the craft, paddle, buoyancy vest, spray cover and pump.
- Trailer, paddling spray jackets, spare paddle, dry bags, helmets, maps, cradles etc. are available for an extra cost.
- Yes you can hire a trailer full of double or single sea kayaks and all paddling gear. Plan your own group sea kayaking adventure! There are 2 kayak trailers available. Small kayak trailer - this can carry 6 doubles or 7 single sea kayaks. Medium kayak trailer - this can carry 8 double or 8 single sea kayaks.
Terms and Conditions
- All craft and gear is maintained at a suitable and safe standard and thus must be returned in the same condition.
- All sand and water must be removed from the kayak on its return.
- Proof of identity must be produced prior to hire.
- The onus is on the hirer to prove their paddling skills match their selected craft. Sea Kayak Australia reserves the right to refuse hire to clients who does not have the skills and experience to match the craft.
- A booking fee deposit is required to reserve kayak(s).
- There will be no refunds for kayaks not used or because of an over estimate in participant numbers or because of poor weather.
- For the hire of the double “Pittarak” fiberglass sea kayak, the kayak must be transported on roof rack cradles. Non SKA roof cradles e.g. “padding” may be considered inadequate and hire refused.
- Hired kayaks are to be used only on the semi sheltered waters of bays, lakes or flat water rivers.
- Kayaks are not to be used interstate unless specifically authorised.
- Surf or river rapid use is expressly forbidden.
- Paddle leash shall be used at all times.
- Life jacket (PFD) will be worn at all times.
- Kayaks will be carried and not dragged whilst moving from one point to another.
- All equipment will be carefully looked after.
- Kayaks are only to be used by competent swimmers.
- Do not use paddle to push kayak off from shore.
- Avoid rocky areas.
- A bond of $300 for single kayaks and $500 for double kayaks is required if you are taking the kayak(s) in the ocean
- Payment will be accepted in cash or credit card. All payment must be made in full before gear is taken.
- The onus is on the hirer to treat all craft and accessories with respect.
- Damage and or loss of goods will be assessed upon return and may be charged accordingly.
KAYAKS AND GEAR MAY BE HIRED AT:
Clifton St West Essendon
Please telephone 0410 329 090 beforehand to ensure we are not on a sea kayaking tour.