$80 per person
View Melbourne City from a unique angle, that is, from the water. Relax and cruise along and see both old and new areas of the waterways while hearing vibrant music and sounds. Hear about the history of the old port.
Group Discount 10+ people | $72 / person
DepartureRichmond Rowing Club, Boat House Drive, Melbourne City (opposite Federation Square).
Departure Time1:00 PM
Return Time3:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSnacksSpray deckSpray JacketThermal
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodLunchMapNotesTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts in the city centre, on the Yarra River.
- Staff then greet clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group then gets on the water.
What you will see, hear and do
- There are a lot of things to see like the former Customs House, turning basin, Historical ships, former waterfall, "Mission for Seamen" , old warehouses and Bolte Bridge.
- This is the centre of Melbourne so there is lots of vibrant activity.
- Music is often played along the water's edge.
- Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way.
- There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and drink.
- The group then paddle back to the start and disembark at the rowing landing.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to a restaurant, pub, movie, home etc.
- This tour is designed for people with little kayaking experience and who like to paddle in comfort without waves or sea spray.
- The tour is 2.5 hours duration with 2 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people ($72pp).
- Discounted pricing for child 12-15 years old is $72, must be in a double kayak with an adult.