$80 per person
DepartureRichmond Rowing Club, Boat House Drive, Melbourne City (opposite Federation Square).
Departure Time1:00 PM
Return Time3:30 PM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSnacksSpray deckSpray JacketThermal
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodLunchMapNotesTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts in the city centre, on the Yarra River.
- Staff then greet clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group then gets on the water.
What you will see, hear and do
- There are a lot of things to see like the former Customs House, turning basin, Historical ships, former waterfall, "Mission for Seamen" , old warehouses and Bolte Bridge.
- This is the centre of Melbourne so there is lots of vibrant activity.
- Music is often played along the water's edge.
- Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way.
- There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and drink.
- The group then paddle back to the start and disembark at the rowing landing.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to a restaurant, pub, movie, home etc.
- This tour is designed for people with little kayaking experience and who like to paddle in comfort without waves or sea spray.
- The tour is 2.5 hours duration with 2 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people ($72pp).
- Discounted pricing for child 12-15 years old is $72, must be in a double kayak with an adult.