Melbourne City Twilight
$89 per person
View Melbourne City from a unique angle, that is, from the water. Relax and cruise along and see both old and new areas of the waterways while hearing vibrant music and sounds and then seeing waterbirds and the sun setting. Take in the pyrotechnic fireball display at Crown Casino at dusk.
DepartureRichmond Rowing Club, Boat House Drive, Melbourne City (opposite Federation Square).
Departure TimePlease arrive by 4:45 PM for a prompt departure at 5:00 PM (April - 6 October). Please arrive by 5:45 PM for a prompt departure at 6:00 PM (7 October - 30 November & March). Please arrive by 6:45 PM for a prompt departure at 7:00 PM (December - February).
Return Time7:30 PM (April - 6 October). 8:30 PM (7 October - 30 November & March). 9:30 PM (December - February).
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSnacksSpray Jacket
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodLunchMapNotesSpray deckThermalTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts in the city centre, on the Yarra River.
- Staff then greet clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group then get on the water.
What you will see and hear
- There are a lot of things to see like the former Customs House, turning basin, Historical ships, former waterfall, "Mission for Seamen" , old warehouses and Bolte Bridge
- This is the centre of Melbourne so there is lots of vibrant activity.
- Music is often played along the water's edge.
- Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way.
- There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and drink.
- View the sun set over the water.
- The break is 20 minutes long.
- Observe the spectacular pyrotechnic "fire ball" display at Crown Casino after dark.
- The group then paddle back to the start and disembark at the rowing landing.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to a restaurant, pub, movie, home etc.
- This tour is designed for people with little kayaking experience and who like to paddle in comfort without waves or sea spray.
- The tour is 2.5 hours duration with 2 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people ($80pp).
- Discounted pricing for child 12-15 years old is $80, must be in a double kayak with an adult.