$149 per person
Beginners and experienced paddlers will find this area a real adventure. Sea life abounds with seals, penguins and the occasional pod of dolphins. No cars and roads can be seen. The water is clear and the location is remote. Paddle past huge granite cliffs, sandy beaches and explore sea caves. The lunch spot is a real “corker” with views down to Kilcunda. Go for a swim or just look out at the views.
Group Discount 10+ people | $134 / person
DepartureEnd of Cottosloe Ave, Woolamai Waters
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Return Time3.00 pm
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketLunchPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSpray deckSpray JacketThermal
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodMapNotesSnacksTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts at Woolamai Waters foreshore.
- Staff then greets clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group will then practise some basic paddling skills in the water.
What you will see, hear and do
- The first section of the sea kayak tour is along a sandy bay where you get great views of San Remo and Kilcunda.
- Participnats then sea kayak towards Cape Woolamai, past huge granite cliffs (reminiscent of Wilson’s Promontory’s landscape)
- One of the highlights of the tour is to paddle into a large sea cave.
- Paddle around small rock islands and observe seals, sea eagles, pelicans, pacific gulls and cormorants.
- Lunch is on the beach at the former quarry.
- The break is 30 - 45 minutes long.
- Lunch is gourmet rolls, hot and cold drinks, fruit and biscuits.
- There is time to have a look around and go for a swim.
- The group then paddles back to the start and disembarks at the Woolamai Waters foreshore.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to a vineyard, pub, home etc.
- This tour is designed for people who like adventure, who have little kayaking experience and are of medium fitness.
- The tour is 6 hours duration with 4.5 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people. ($134pp)