Point Nepean Dolphin Sanctuary
$149 per person
The Point Nepean Dolphin Sanctuary sea kayak tour starts off the beach at Sorrento. The tour then travels towards Portsea then onto Point Nepean National Park. This tour provides the experience of seeing Bottlenose and Common dolphins up close. This tour is a real adventure with crystal clear water, sandy beaches, mansions along the foreshore, yachts in the water; what more could you want to experience? Visit the former quarantine station at lunch time, go for a swim or just look out over the “Heads” and Queenscliff and relax.
Group Discount 10+ people | $134 / person
DepartureSorrento foreshore (west side of Sorrento Yacht Club)
Departure Time9:30 AM.
Return Time3.30 pm
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketLunchPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSpray JacketThermal
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodMapNotesSnacksSpray deckTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts on the Sorrento Foreshore to the west of Sorrento Yacht Club.
- Staff then greets clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group will then practise some basic paddling skills in the water.
What you will see and hear
- You then kayak past historic seaside towns of Sorrento and Portsea with rich maritime and early settlement history.
- Participants can observe historical mansions along the cliff tops with their outdoor swimming enclosures below.
- View old ship wrecks.
- Point Nepean National Park and the dolphin sanctuary are next.
- Bottlenose and Common dolphins frequent this area so it's an amazing feeling when dolphins appear beside your sea kayak!
- You may also see sea eagles, pelicans, pacific gulls and cormorants.
- Lunch is on the beach at Point Nepean Park beside the fascinating former quarantine station.
- The break is 30 - 45 minutes long.
- Lunch is gourmet rolls, hot and cold drinks, fruit and biscuits.
- There is time to have a look around the former quarantine station while taking in amazing views of the "Heads" and Queenscliff.
- Stop off on the way back at the Pt King Lookout and perhaps an opportunity for a swim.
- The group then paddle back to the start and disembarks at the Sorrento foreshore.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to a vineyard, mineral baths, pub or home etc.
- This tour is designed for people who like adventure, who have little kayaking experience and are of medium fitness.
- The tour is 6 hours duration with 4.5 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people. ($134pp)