$89 per person
Have fun kayaking along the beach in the hub of Melbourne in summer – St Kilda. See Little Penguins on the break water, catch a glimpse of Williamstown. Beautiful views of Melbourne cityscape. Stop for a break along the way and have lunch on the beach.
Departure300m north of Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron, Pier Rd, on the beach side of Catani Gardens, St Kilda
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:45 PM for a prompt departure at 10:00 AM
Return Time1.30 PM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketLunchPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSnacksSpray deckSpray JacketThermal
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodMapNotesTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts on the St Kilda foreshore.
- Staff then greet clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms.
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group then get on the water.
- Basic paddling skills instruction occurs on the water then the group head on its journey.
What you will see, hear and do
- There are a lot of things to see like the Little Penguins at the St Kilda break water.
- Paddle under piers and around stationary sailing boats.
- Feel small waves and light winds brush past you.
- Take in views of the towns of Port Melbourne, Melbourne City and Williamstown.
- West Gate Bridge and Spirit of Tasmania may also be seen.
- There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have lunch on Middle Park beach.
- Gourmet roll and a drink is provided.
- The break is 30 minutes long.
- The group then paddle back to the start and disembark at St Kilda Foreshore.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to see more of the sights of St Kilda or back home etc.
- This tour is a sampler of what sea kayaking is like with out getting too tired and still having fun.
- The tour is 3.5 hours duration with 2.5 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people ($89pp).