$89 per person
Have fun kayaking along the beach in the hub of Melbourne in summer – St Kilda. See Little Penguins on the break water, catch a glimpse of Williamstown. Beautiful views of Melbourne cityscape. Stop for a break along the way and have lunch on the beach.
Group Discount 10+ people | $80 / person
Departure300m north of Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron, Pier Rd, on the beach side of Catani Gardens, St Kilda
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:45 PM for a prompt departure at 10:00 AM
Return Time1.30 PM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, old runners or thongs, hat, sun glasses and bottle of water.
IncludedKayakLife jacketLunchPaddlePersonal GuidePhotographsPumpSnacksSpray deckSpray JacketThermal
Not IncludedCamping GearCooking gearDry bagFoodMapNotesTransportation/CarUtensilsWater
- This kayak tour starts on the St Kilda foreshore.
- Staff then greet clients.
- There is an exchange of medical and indemnity forms.
- Life jackets are then correctly fitted.
- If it's cold then spray jackets and thermals are also issued.
- Clients are then grouped into pairs and the rudder system is adjusted for the back person steering.
- A safety talk is then conducted.
- The group then get on the water.
- Basic paddling skills instruction occurs on the water then the group head on its journey.
What you will see, hear and do
- There are a lot of things to see like the Little Penguins at the St Kilda break water.
- Paddle under piers and around stationary sailing boats.
- Feel small waves and light winds brush past you.
- Take in views of the towns of Port Melbourne, Melbourne City and Williamstown.
- West Gate Bridge and Spirit of Tasmania may also be seen.
- There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have lunch on Middle Park beach.
- Gourmet roll and a drink is provided.
- The break is 30 minutes long.
- The group then paddle back to the start and disembark at St Kilda Foreshore.
- High 5s all around.
- Life jackets and paddles are then returned and you are on your way to see more of the sights of St Kilda or back home etc.
- This tour is a sampler of what sea kayaking is like with out getting too tired and still having fun.
- The tour is 3.5 hours duration with 2.5 hours of paddling time.
- Group discount for 10 or more people ($80pp).